CBA Travel Grants: Annual General Meeting
Established 2019 for Early Career Scholars.
2021 ONLY: Due to Holy Week, application deadline has been moved to March 31.
About the Grants
The CBA is pleased to announce that funds are available for five $500 grants to support the travel of early career scholars to the CBA Annual General Meeting.
Click here to download pdf flyer.
Click here to download pdf version of the Requirements.
Applicants for the CBA Travel Grants must be either ABD or up to five years post-PhD, non-tenure-track faculty.
- Applicants are to fill out the application form providing their own contact information and the name and contact information of a professor who would be willing to support their application (to be contacted at the committee’s discretion).
- Applicants must submit a CV and a 300-400-word Statement of Explanation that articulates
i.) why they are drawn to attending the CBA Annual General Meeting and
ii.) how their work and professional identity align with the mission of the CBA.
- Applicants are to provide a list of published articles / books giving Title.
- Applicants are to provide a statement showing their financial need for this grant.
- Candidates may submit applications for both the Emerging Scholars Fellowship and for a CBA Travel Grant if they fit the criteria for both. An applicant who is awarded an Emerging Scholars Fellowship is disqualified from receiving the Travel Grant in the same year.
Completed applications must be submitted ON OR BEFORE March 31 to
CBA-OFFICE@CUA.EDU in order to be considered for the next
CBA Annual General Meeting.