2018 Annual General Meeting
July 28-31 (Regis University, Denver, Colorado)
- Click here for a PDF version of the PROGRAM booklet.
- Click here for a PDF version of the RESEARCH REPORT ABSTRACTS booklet.
Click here for a virtual tour of the Regis University campus.
- Sleeping accommodations
- West Hall
- Residence Village
- DeSmet Hall
- Meeting Spaces
- Plenary sessions and socials will be in Claver Hall
- Breakout sessions will be in Claver and Main Halls
- Book displays will be in Claver Hall
- Coffee breaks and socials will be in Claver Hall
- Meals will be taken at the Student Center Main Café
- Liturgies will be in St. John Francis Regis Chapel
- Registration packets, sleeping room assignments, and keys may be picked up at Claver Center Lobby. See Checking In for registration hours and late arrival information.
- Residence Life and Housing conferences staff will all be wearing navy or gray polos with the Regis logo throughout the stay of CBA so that they are easily identifiable.
- Amenities: Each guest will get one linen packet placed in their room. Each linen packet has 1 blanket, 2 sheets, 1 pillow case, 1 pillow, 1 wash cloth, and 1 bath towel. A cup and soap will also be given to each guest.
- Keys: Each guest will get a key card for their room that gains entrance to the front door of their building and into their bedroom (or just into the front door of their townhouse if they are in Residence Village). All doors automatically lock, so whenever you leave your room, you need your key card to get back in.
THERE IS A $50 FEE FOR A LOST KEY.
- Express check-out: At the end of your stay, linens and keys should be left in the room. Keys are to be left on your room desk.
- Three Locations:
- West Hall: Suite style rooms (two rooms with one bathroom connecting each one), has an elevator, 2 fully ADA rooms with ADA bathrooms. There is one communal kitchen and multiple lounge spaces. SOLD OUT.
- Residence Village: Townhouses. Each townhouse has three bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, kitchen, and living room. Some units are “flats” and these are fully ADA. Has a common space with a TV and couches for the whole community called “The RV Commons.” SOLD OUT.
- DeSmet Hall: Dorm style rooms with communal bathroom on each wing.There is no communal kitchen. There are four floors and each one has a communal lounge. There is no elevator.
Click here for hotel suggestions from Regis University.
The Regis University (Lowell) Northwest Campus is approximately 26 miles from the Denver International Airport (DEN).
SuperShuttle runs from 7:00 am MST to 11:00 pm MST. After those hours, attendees would have to use limos or taxis at airport which run 24 hrs a day.
- A two-hour cancellation is require for SuperShuttle reservations.
- If several people are riding together, the ride may be longer as passengers are dropped off along the way.
- Prices are $ 70 round trip, and $ 64 if reserved online.
- SuperShuttle has an additional service, called ExecuCar www.execucar.com 800-410-4444. It is a point-to-point private sedan service. It runs 24 hrs a day, and is $ 85 EACH WAY, $ 82 if reserved online.
Click here for a campus parking map.
On campus parking is available for $3 per day at the campus kiosk. Overnight parking is an additional $10 per night.
Those who purchased meal plans will receive a ticket (similar to name tag) with the information regarding the meal plan purchased):
- 9 meal plan (Saturday Dinner - Tuesday Lunch)
- 8 meal plan (Saturday Dinner - Tuesday Breakfast)
- 6 meal plan (Sat Dinner - Tue Lunch, no Breakfasts)
- 5 meal plan (Sat Dinner - Mon Dinner, no Breakfasts)
With the possible exception of Sunday dinner which is catered, meals may also be purchased individually at the Student Center Main Café.
There also are many food venues within walking distance of the campus, including:
- Dubbel Dutch: 4974 Lowell Blvd (Mon-Sat 10-5, closed Sun)
- Brooklyn’s Finest Pizza: 5007 Lowell Blvd (Mon-Thr & Sun 11-9, Thr-Fri 11-11)
- Scratch Burrito: 4262 Lowell Blvd (Sun-Thr 11-9, Fri-Sat 11-10)
- Billy's Inn: 4403 Lowell Blvd (Mon-Thr 11am-12AM, Fri 11AM-2AM, Sat 10AM-2AM)
Registration packets, sleeping room assignments, and keys may be picked up (and keys returned) at Claver Center Lobby:
- FRIDAY, JULY 27: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- SATURDAY, JULY 28: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- SUNDAY, JULY 29: 10:00 AM – NOON
- MONDAY, JULY 30: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- If your travel plans get you to Regis University after 8:00 PM, please give advance notice to please give advance notice to Kathleen Angel at email@example.com so that arrangements may be made to have you access your room.
- If a late arrival is due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g., bad weather, delayed flight) late arrivals, call or text at 303-204-7206. Messages can be left.
Meal plans begin with Saturday dinner. See Meals above for dining options.
Exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls
During the time of the CBA Annual Meeting, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science will be hosting an exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls. For further information on the exhibit, see their website: www.dmns.org/dead-sea-scrolls.
A version of this exhibit was on display in New York in 2012 and a smaller version in Salt Lake City. Ten scrolls will be on exhibit in July, including one manuscript that is on public display for the first time.
The Museum accessible by car or taxi; it is about a 15 minute drive from Regis University. (It is possible to take public transit by light rail, but the route is not direct and would take considerable time). There is limited free parking.
Tickets can be purchased on the website, and the Museum advises that tickets be purchased well ahead of time, since many days are selling out.