Old Testament Abstracts (OTA)
Published by CBA. Distributed by CUA Press.
- OTA is published three times a year: February, June, October.
- Published continuously since 1978 (Vol. 1).
- ISSN 0364-8591
Subscriptions, Claims, and Back Issues:
- OTA subscriptions are managed through CUA Press (via the Johns Hopkins Fulfillment Services).
- Claims should be directed to CUA Press, Journals Coordinator, Emma Heck (Heck@cua.edu).
- Click on the button below to subscribe through the CUA Press portal.
Outside the U.S. and Canada: 410-516-6987
JHUP Journal Circulation
PO Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211
The entire run of Old Testament Abstracts is available online for purchase from EBSCOhost. For further information, click here.
- Is Old Testament Abstracts on Project MUSE intended to replace or compete with the bibliographic database, Old Testament Abstracts Online offered on the EBSCOhost Platform?
No, Old Testament Abstracts Online on EBSCOhost, is a comprehensive, searchable bibliographic database of more than 69,000 records produced in partnership with CBA and ATLA, the American Theological Library Association. Old Testaments Abstracts Online covers 40 years from volume 1/issue 1 (1978) to present and offers a dynamic online searching experience across all of the abstracts.
- What exact content from Old Testament Abstracts will be hosted on Project MUSE, and when will it be posted?
Old Testament Abstracts on Project MUSE only offers issues beginning 2017 and forward in PDF and HTML format. The pdf files will be broken down only by main headings and not individual bibliographic entries.
- Will Old Testament Abstracts be available on other Project MUSE products, or just the Premium Collection?
Old Testament Abstracts will be available only in the Project MUSE's Premium Collection.
- What will be the format of Old Testament Abstracts on Project MUSE?
The content from Old Testament Abstracts are digitized issues. (PDF and HTML)
- How much content from Old Testament Abstracts will be posted on Project MUSE at any given time?
Project MUSE will post issues from 2017 onward.