Professor of Sacred Scripture
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology (FULL-TIME)
Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology invites applications for a full-time professor position in the Sacred Scripture Department beginning July 1, 2024. Saint Mary Seminary is the Roman Catholic Seminary of the Diocese of Cleveland; candidates for the position must support the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the seminary’s mission to prepare men for the priesthood.
The successful candidate will possess:
- An SSD, SSL, STD, or PhD with an emphasis on Biblical Studies
- The ability to teach a variety of core courses in the Sacred Scripture Department, in Old Testament (Pentateuch & Historical Books, Prophets; Wisdom Literature) or New Testament (Synoptic Gospels; Johannine Writings, Pauline Corpus; Hebrews, Catholic Epistles, & Revelation)
- Proven potential for excellence in scholarship
- A commitment to the Catholic intellectual tradition
- A willingness to take the Oath of Fidelity
- Familiarity with priestly formation
Duties include teaching 4 - 5 courses a year (2/2 or 3/2) in the MDiv, MA (Theology), and BS Programs, holding office hours, performing department administrative work, and participating in assessment activities.
Candidates should submit (i) a letter of application that addresses interest in the position; (ii) a curriculum vitae; (iii) completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application. Candidates who are ABD may apply but must provide assurance of degree completion. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Questions may be addressed and submitted to:
Sister Mary McCormick OSU, PhD
St. Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology
28700 Euclid Ave
Wickliffe, Ohio 44092