Professor of Biblical Studies
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and School of Theology
Applications are being accepted for the position of professor of Biblical studies.
The ordinary teaching load is 9 hours per semester, and includes courses in the M.Div., M.A. in Bible, M.A. in Theology, and M.A in Pastoral Ministry programs and in the formation of permanent deacon candidates.
- The requirements for this position are:
1. A practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church; must have a willingness to make the Profession of Faith and Oath of Fidelity and to seek the mandatum from the Archbishop of Cincinnati.
2. A terminal degree -- either a S.S.D./S.T.D. or a S.T.L./S.S.L. and Ph.D. -- by the time of appointment.
3. Demonstrated competency in the area of Biblical studies or Biblical theology, including expertise in Biblical languages, including Greek and/or Hebrew.
4. Commitment to effective teaching, including utilization of technology; willingness to teach introductory courses; and supervision of student theses.
5. Ability to work in a collegial setting and in a manner supportive of the formational goals, programs, and personnel of Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and School of Theology.
6. Carrying out assigned administrative tasks and taking an active part in faculty meetings and committees.
7. Scholarly publication and participation in professional societies and conferences.
- Salary and rank are negotiable.
- Candidates should submit an application consisting of (1) a cover letter; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) graduate transcripts; and (4) three letters of recommendation by February 1, 2021.
Rev. David J. Endres, Dean
6616 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45230
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary and School of Theology in Cincinnati, Ohio, forms men and women to follow Christ faithfully and serve His mission by fulfilling their vocations in the Church. Through its two divisions (Mt. St. Mary’s Seminary of the West and the School of Theology) it prepares men for the Catholic priesthood and men and women for various roles in the Church.