Welcome to the CBA Website
Annual Meeting: Plenary Sessions
Annual Meeting: Presenting a Research Report
Annual Meeting: Conversations over Lunch
Annual Meeting: Celebrating Liturgy
Annual Meeting: Participating in a Continuing Seminar
Annual Meeting: Singing at Liturgy
Annual Meeting: CBA Book Display
Annual Meeting: Listening to Research Reports
at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. from
August 5-8, 2017 (Saturday-Tuesday).
MEMBERSHIP and SUBSCRIPTION RENEWALS FOR 2017 are now open.
Full Members and Associate Members of the CBA may renew your annual membership (currently $50), along with any optional subscriptions to the OTA and/or NTA, in the following ways:
Renew online, paying by credit card, using the online payment system of this website. (There is a $4 processing fee.) To do so:
- LOGIN to the members-only portion of this website by clicking on "Log in" next to the key icon on the black bar at the top right of this webpage.
- Look for the "USER MENU" on the right side of this screen, and click the third item: "Renew My Membership."
- Follow the instructions on the page that appears
Sustaining Members of the CBA and Non-member Subscribers also may renew their membership and/or subscriptions in the same way as described above.Read more: Membership & Subscription Renewals for 2017
The CBA is pleased to announce the publication of the newest volume in our "CBQ Monograph Series":
To order please see the main page of the CBQMS section of this website.
No. 55: Exploring Biblical Kinship: Festschrift in Honor of John J. Pilch.
Edited by Joan Campbell & Patrick J. Hartin (2016; price $32; member's price $25.60).
Click here to see the Table of the Contents (in PDF format)
Catholic Biblical Quarterly - Recent Issues
Vol. 78, No. 4 (October 2016)
|611-631||Andrew R. Davis||Eden Revisited: A Literary and Theological Reading of Genesis 18:12-13|
|632-647||Gili Kugler||The Threat of Annihilation of Israel in the Desert: An Independent Tradition within Two Stories|
|648-665||Edward Silver||Framing the Oracle of a Seventy-Year Servitude: Early Contestation of the Jeremian Legacy
in the Vorlage of the LXX of Jeremiah 25:1-7
|666-681||Timothy Wardle||Resurrection and the Holy City: Matthew’s Use of Isaiah in 27:51-53|
|682-705||José Enrique Aguilar Chiu||A Theological Reading of ἐξέπνευσεν in Mark 15:37, 39|
|706-725||Michael Winger||The Meaning of Πνεῦμα in the Letters of Paul: A Linguistic Analysis of Sense and Reference|
|736-795||David Bosworth and
Linda M. Maloney
Read more: CBQ Recent Issues - Table of Contents
The following recent announcements of faculty or administrative positions may be of interest to CBA members:
- St. Patrick's Seminary and University: Menlo Park, CA
- Saint Mark's College: Vancouver, BC (Canada)
- Saint Mary's College of California: Moraga, CA
- Institute of Catholic Studies and Formation: Diocese of Venice, FL
- Pontifical College Josephinum: Columbus, OH
- McMaster University: Hamilton, ONT (Canada)
- Oblate School of Theology: San Antonio, TX
- For more info, see this website's section on Job Openings.