Accepting Applications - Emerging Scholars Fellowship
The Catholic Biblical Association of America (CBA) invites applications for its annual Emerging Scholars Fellowship given to graduate students who show promise and appear likely to make significant contributes in the field of Biblical studies.
CBA is a scholarly organization devoted to supporting biblical scholars from all traditions. The award enables Fellows to attend the annual general meeting of the CBA to present their scholarly paper and enjoy the company and conversation of scholars in the field.
The award consists of:
• up to $750 travel reimbursement for travel to the CBA conference
• room and board
• one year of associate membership in the CBA, including a subscription to The Catholic Biblical Quarterly
• honorarium of $200.
To qualify for the award, you must:
• be enrolled in a doctoral program in the Biblical field.
• not have the doctoral degree in hand as of the application deadline (January 15)
• be able to present at the forthcoming CBA Annual Meeting
• have two recommendations from faculty who are current faculty in the applicant’s doctoral program.
How to apply:
1. Send the following materials attached in a SINGLE e-mail to CBAfellowship@CUA.edu:
• Text of an academic paper to be presented in a 30 minute time period
• Current CV
• Fill out the Application
2. Arrange for the Recommendation Form to be sent to prospective recommenders.
All materials should be received by January 15, 2019 to be considered for the Annual General Meeting at Walsh University on July 27-30, 2019.