- ISSN 0008-7912
- Published January, April, July, and October.
- Annual and decennial indexes.
Subscriptions and Back Issues:
- Subscription price: $40 per year.
- Back issues for most years since 1965 are available for $10 per issue, or $40 per volume. Please inquire about older issues.
- Decennial Index for Vols. 1-10, $2; for Vols. 11 -20, $2; for Vols. 21-30, $3; for Vols. 31-40, $3; Vols. 41-50, $7. For all five, $17.
- To order, click on "Periodical Order Form"; print it, fill it out, and mail it to the CBA Offices.
Catholic Biblical Quarterly - Recent Issues
Vol. 78, No. 2 (April 2016)
|215-235||Philip Y. Yoo||Hagar the Egyptian: Wife, Handmaid, and Concubine|
|236-255||Marvin A. Sweeney||The Jacob Narratives: An Ephraimitic Text?|
|256-271||Mark S. Smith||"Midrash" in the Book of Judges: The Cases of Judges 3:31 and 6:7-10|
|272-289||Michael R. Whitenton||Feeling the Silence: A Moment-by-Moment Account of Emotions at the End of Mark (16:1-8)|
|290-301||Michael Morris||Deuteronomy in the Matthean and Lucan Temptation in Light of Early Jewish Antidemonic Tradition|
|302-320||Joshua A. Noble||"Rich toward God": Making Sense of Luke 12:21|
|321-337||Chris Keith||The Competitive Textualization of the Jesus Tradition in John 20:30-31 and 2 1:24-25|
|339-382||David Bosworth and
Linda M. Maloney
All back issues of CBQ from the years 1939–2015 (Vols. 1-77) are available on-line without additional charge to CBA members and other CBQ subscribers.
To access the database, input the following information in the form below.
Note: This Username/Password combo is different from what is required to access the members-only pages on the rest of the CBA website. We apologize for any unavoidable confusion.
- Username: "cathbib" (lower case, but without quotes)
- Password: your CBA customer number (on your annual billing statement, or above your name on the mailing labels of the journals, or contact the CBA office if you forgot yours. NOTE: if you CBA customer number begins with a zero, omit the zero.)
ATLASerials® (ATLAS®) is an online full-text collection of major religion and theology journals (including CBQ) used by libraries, librarians, religion scholars, theologians, and clergy. For more details and access information, visit the ATLAS webpage on www.atla.com.
Clicking on the above link will activate the Abode Acrobat Reader and open the full "Instructions for Contributors" on most computers.Read more: CBQ Instructions for Contributors