Institutions that have openings in Scripture or related fields are invited to send us information concerning them, and we will gladly publicize them in this section of our website.
Assistant Editor, School of Theology Ministry
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,100 full-time undergraduates and 4,700 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities and a member of the Association of Research Universities, Boston College has 752 full-time and 1,080 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $886 million, and an endowment ofapproximately $2 billion.
Contributes to the general editorial functions (as directed by the Editor), principally the selection, composition, editing, and publication of the content of New Testament Abstracts. A majority of this role consists of scholarly content creation. To this end, the incumbent works with the Editor to monitor all publications, books and journals, relevant to the modern discipline of New Testament studies. In addition to the biblical materials, the field consists of Jewish and Hellenistic / Greco-Roman history, literature, culture, religion, etc., generally from the time of Alexander the Great to Constantine. It also includes various related sub-disciplines, such as archeology, Rabbinic Judaism, the Dead Sea scrolls, and Gnosticism, as well as modern hermeneutical and literary, anthropological, social-scientific methods and theories and the like. This constant survey of the field assumes the ability to read and make determinations about scholarly work in various modern languages (most frequently, apart from English, this means German, French, Italian, and Spanish). With the proper credentials, there is an opportunity for the Assistant Editor to teach (up to one course per semester) at the School of Theology and Ministry.
Read more: Job Opening: ATLA
The following recent announcements of faculty or administrative positions may be of interest to CBA members:
- Sacred Heart Seminary & School of Theology [Milwaukee, WI]: Assistant Professor of New Testament
- Saint Ambrose University [Davenport, IA]: Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Saint Anselm College [Manchester, NH]: New Testament, tenure-track
- University of San Diego: Dept. Chair, Theology and Religious Studies
- Boston College / New Testament Abstracts: Assistant Editor
- ATLA [Chicago, IL]: Lead Meta-Data Analyst, Catholic Periodical and Literature Index
- University of Mary [Bismark, SD]: Professor, Department of Theology (rank & speciality open)
For more info, see this website's section on Job Openings.